Old Data (collections) Syncing to iPhone

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
shaneosan

Old Data (collections) Syncing to iPhone

Post by shaneosan »

Recently I re-scanned all my books into Bookpedia as "New Collections" then exported those collections to a different location. I then renamed the Bookpedia ~library... folder so that I could import the books back into a new and clean Library.

Bookpedia seems to be fine. The problem is when I try to sync my iPad and iPhone with the updated libraries.

My iPad wont pull any data and my iPhone insists on syncing the (7 of the 8) "New Collection" folders I created when working on the cleanup.

I have tried deleting the app from my iPad and iPhone. Deleting the data off the phone and even the backups in iCloud. Any idea what I could be doing wrong here?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Old Data (collections) Syncing to iPhone

Post by Conor »

Quite interesting. The iPhone and the iPad should only be able to pull the data currently being viewed in Bookpedia, as it only works with the main "Database.bookpd" file. Do visit the Bookpedia preferences window and make sure the path to the data folder is the one that you expect.

You can sync via USB and be sure to be getting the data you want. Hold down the option key and click on main help menu. Select the hidden option to "Export for Pocketpedia", save the file to your desktop. Once the export has finished resizing all the covers for iOS, plug your iPhone via USB and open iTunes. In the App Sections you will find a "File Sharing" section. Select "Pocketpedia" on the left hand pane and drag the previously exported file from your desktop over to the pane in iTunes. Once the file has finished syncing launch Pocketpedia and it will import all the information from the file and the covers as needed depending on the device type.

I mention the above to get you having your data on the go. But the above is only a one way sync and the regular sync is the way to go. Do play around and let me know if you can get it working, I can't think of any reason why it would not be syncing the correct data.