Scrolling linked pdfs in Bookpedia 5.4.0

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Dibdin
Inductee
Inductee

Scrolling linked pdfs in Bookpedia 5.4.0

Post by Dibdin »

Scrolling a linked pdf in Bookpedia is giving me problems.

The pdf appears ok in response to a click on the “Links” button in the Toolbar.
Pressing the “down” key on my keyboard allows me to scroll pages of the pdf down by minor increments. The “up” key allows me to scroll back up again.
Command+down jumps me to the last page of the pdf; Command+up jumps me to the top page.
That’s all working as I would expect.

However a problem occurs when I attempt to scroll a whole page/screen at a time. To scroll a page down I have to press Alt+UP. Alt+DOWN takes me a page UP. This is entirely opposite to the way one would intuitively expect or, indeed, the way the UP/DOWN keys work when the Alt key is not pressed.

I’m running Bookpedia on a MacBook Pro (Yosemite 10.10.3). I’ve tried toggling the “Scroll direction: natural” setting under System Preferences>Trackpad but this makes no difference. (Two-finger scrolling when viewing pdfs in Bookpedia works intermittently, albeit in the direction I would expect).

Is this problem with the Up/Down keys a bug or I’m I missing something in my settings which I should adjust to make scrolling work the way i would expect it to?

I’d be grateful for any help you can offer on this.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Scrolling linked pdfs in Bookpedia 5.4.0

Post by Conor »

Thank you for all the exact details. This opposite alt direction is crazy. I just wanted to let you know I am looking into it and was able to reproduce it.

After testing It's a Yosemite 10.10.2+ issue. Not present in Mavericks or 10.10.0 with the same exact copy of Bookpedia.

If I can't work around it in code I'll send it up to Apple Bug tracker so that it can be fixed at the source. I'll keep you updated here once I have a final report.