Lost location data on update

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
jldavis94

Lost location data on update

Post by jldavis94 »

I just updated CDpedia to 5.4.2, and I've lost all of my location data. I have 803 CDs in my database and cannot recreate that field for all 803; I just don't have the time. Without the location data, I have no idea where any of my CDs are physically located. Help!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Lost location data on update

Post by Conor »

Do check your preferences at "CDpedia -> Preferences -> Fields" and make sure that all the fields that might be the location field are checked. Then visit the "View -> View Options" menu and display all the possible location fields.

The update would not remove a single field, so it's likely that it was simply hidden by mistake.

If not do send us the main "database.cdpd" file from your data folder as well as a few of the backup ones named "BackupXMonth.cdpd" and we can take a look at them and hunt for any changes, to see what might be going on.

Kind regards,
Conor
jldavis94

Post by jldavis94 »

Thank you so much for the response. This time the error was PEBCAK (problem exists between chair and keyboard). I had forgotten that there are multiple entries for items that were not physical and which do not have locations. When I scrolled down, I found all my locations safely there (for items that have locations).

Your kind insistence that nothing would have been lost forced me to poke around more, so thank you again!!!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Glad to hear, you were able to get to the bottom of the mystery. Always appreciate a solved issue, specially with little work on our part. :)