Upgrading questions about demo version and bundles

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
napaxton
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrading questions about demo version and bundles

Post by napaxton »

I am still on CDPedia and Bookpedia 4, but I'm so frustrated by Amazon search that I am thinking of upgrading. (Amazon search gives pretty awful results. If I type a book title in, often I have to go to the 2nd or 3rd page of results before that title comes up; all sorts of less relevant titles seem to come first.)

My questions:
  • I tried Bookpedia 5 about 3-4 years back, and so my demo period has expired. Is there a way to reset the demo period, so I can try the import?
  • I have two previous pedias, and I can see those as an upgrade option to buy. What if I want to buy all four pedias? Is there a package discount that somehow combines upgrades and bundles? Or that gives me my best reduced price?
Thanks for great software and the great support you provide.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Upgrading questions about demo version and bundles

Post by Conor »

Amazon search is pretty inconsistent as they bring to the top the items they want to sell you on the relevant result. If you select Amazon as a search site (instead of all from under the magnifying glass) you get the option of tweaking the search. You can set the search to be only title based, and might bring up more relevant results that way.

1a. I'll send you secret instructions on reseting the demo period via private message.
1b. In the data folder be sure to remove the database for version 5, "Database.dvdpd". So that the program can migrate your data again from version 4. The only thing that changed was the file extension. Just in case don't delete the file but move it out to the desktop. Then remove it when you data is still intact in version 4, to avoid confusion.

2. There is no mixed upgrade/bundle options. The merchant store system is not that adaptable. Will also send info via PM, on how to handle this situation.