CDPedia really, REALLY slow

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
mabyrnes
Inductee
Inductee

CDPedia really, REALLY slow

Post by mabyrnes »

Used to be a LOT faster. I am using a 2017 MacBook Pro and running Mojave. But CD Pedia is just not responsive at all. Jerky. Sluggish. My collection is just under 2,000 titles, but I don’t think that should be too big for database program like this. I do hope this issue can be resolved because I would otherwise have to abandon the program. Any help would be appreciated.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: CDPedia really, REALLY slow

Post by Conor »

Do try out the beta that has been built for the latest systems. If that is still sluggish let me know and we can look further as it should not be sluggish at all at those numbers.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

As regular readers of this forum will know, I have been using for years now a FREE maintenance program called Onyx. This program gives your entire macOS a spring clean, I especially do this pre & post all major OS updates and any large program updates. You might say that this program is equivalent to putting your car in for a grease & oil change.

OnyX is a free multifunction utility that you can use to verify the structure of the system files, to run miscellaneous maintenance and cleaning tasks, to delete caches, to rebuild various databases and indexes, and more. It can also be used to remove certain problematic folders and files, to configure parameters in the Finder, Dock, Safari, and some of Apple's applications. I have found it definitely sorts out sluggishness.

Unfortunately it is macOS specific and they have not released their Mojave Public Gold version yet but it is only days away. As I am also awaiting the Mojave version I will post an update when it is available.

Also note it does not contain malware, adware or any other nasties including but not limited to back to base reporting.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Onyx for Mojave 10.14 was released today and is seems to be working to its usual great abilities.