Bookpedia - Very slow scrolling

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
KaiS
Contributor
Contributor

Bookpedia - Very slow scrolling

Post by KaiS »

Over the last couple of weeks the scroll speed in Bookpedia has become very slow. This does not affect List View, but the left column (with Library, With List etc.), which I use for Smart Groups for each author in my library. By now the speed is so low, that the software is no longer usable - for every swipe on the mouse I have to wait several seconds for the list to move.

What can I do to fix this? Is this an issue caused by the number of smart groups (around 500 authors)?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Bookpedia - Very slow scrolling

Post by Conor »

Hi Kai,

Thank you for the bug report on the edge case of so many smart collections. Have you recently upgraded to Mojave? I can't repeat it right away with duplicating my smart collection all the way to 300. Does this slow down happen as soon as you launch the app or over time?

If you don't mind could you please send me your Bookpedia database. You will find the database in your data folder located in your home folder at ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia/Database.bookpd. Use the Finder "Go" menu and hold down the option key and select the "Library" option. Once there navigate to Application Support/Bookpedia and select Database.bookpd and use the "Compress" command under the main "File" menu. This will create a .zip version that you can then attach to an email message.

With it I'll be able to recreate the bug here and track down any performance issues with the sidebar scrolling.

Do feel free to try out the beta built for High Sierra and Mojave if you have the latest MacOS system.
KaiS
Contributor
Contributor

Post by KaiS »

Hi Conor,

yes, I have upgraded to Mojave a week ago. The slowdown occurs immediately after launching the app.

I have downloaded the beta and tried it with my database, but the slowdown is still there.

To what email address do you want me to send the database?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Our support email please, thank you for the info and the file.