CDPedia - Number of Tracks

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
lousydrummer
Contributor
Contributor

CDPedia - Number of Tracks

Post by lousydrummer »

Hi all,

Ten years in (!), I'm still loving CDPedia.

Question: I've got some entries where all the tracks are entered and correct in the 'Tracks' tab, but the "# of tracks" field is blank. Is there a way to get that field to automatically pull the track count?

Related question: Is there a way to create a smart collection that would list all titles that don't have any tracks in the 'Tracks' tab?

Thanks!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: CDPedia - Number of Tracks

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the kind words.

If you make an edit to the tracks tab it will update the number of tracks. You could through and press the +/- buttons to have it refresh on each empty number of tracks. That you can list with the smart collection "# of tracks is [leave blank]". But give me a few days and I can add it to my cleanup routine that is hidden in a debug menu as it's a good idea to fill that out if blank.

You can list all the albums without tracks by creating a smart collection with "Any track name is [leave blank]" this should match all albums with no tracks and those with tracks and no name for that track (but there should be few of those, I do know some users use it as a CD separator).