Spotlight not working with Bookpedia

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
ninji
Captain
Captain

Spotlight not working with Bookpedia

Post by ninji »

hi, I'm using Bookpedia 5.9.2 (beta 122). Spotlight doesn't appear to be working -- I search for a book that I know I have in Bookpedia but nothing comes up. I've tried restarting both the application and the entire computer (which is running macOS 10.14.3). I've also tried toggling the 'Spotlight' item in the 'Help' menu. Any ideas?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Spotlight not working with Bookpedia

Post by Conor »

Mojave broke it, and I have to drop support for 10.5. Which the beta already does. Currently focusing on getting the beta out and users upgrading before tackling Dark Mode and Spotlight for 6.1 and 6.2.
ninji
Captain
Captain

Post by ninji »

ok, thanks for the word. I'll look forward to re-implemented Spotlight functionality in v 6.1 or 6.2.

(btw, i don't know how you and other people feel about this, but for me Spotlight is very useful and much more important -- Dark Mode is a nice cosmetic enhancement, but Spotlight is not-quite-but-almost essential functionality. if your development schedule isn't already fixed, I'd like to respectfully vote for SL before DM)
jotie
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by jotie »

I totally agree with you on that point. I also feel a bit 'lost' without the Spotlight functionality.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Nothing is ever fixed. It comes down to how much hassle the fix gives me. If I get bugged down for days, I tend to then take a break and fix something else to come back to it. So I can move it up on the priority list.
ninji
Captain
Captain

Post by ninji »

Conor wrote:Nothing is ever fixed. It comes down to how much hassle the fix gives me. If I get bugged down for days, I tend to then take a break and fix something else to come back to it. So I can move it up on the priority list.
much appreciated!
Amazigh
Inductee
Inductee

Post by Amazigh »

Hi Conor,
I have the same pb with the Spotlight search. Can't get any any search result. I have seen your last response re. spotlight.
How are you getting along fixing the issue? I am using vers. 6.01. Thanks for the update.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

How are you getting along fixing the issue?

I am reworking the whole thing to a new method, that will also interact more seamless with Pocketpedia.
ninji
Captain
Captain

Post by ninji »

Hi Conor, thanks for your update on this issue back in December. You probably are already aware of this, but just to confirm, I'm using what I think is the latest version of Bookpedia (6.1.0, beta 192), and as far as I can tell Spotlight searching still seems to be not functional. I hope restoring SL searching to BP isn't turning out to be too much of a hassle for you.
ninji
Captain
Captain

Post by ninji »

PS: until Spotlight can be properly re-enabled/re-implemented, would it make any sense to remove the 'Spotlight' command / menu item from the 'Help' menu, so as not to confuse users about functionality that isn't currently operative?