Fieldnames ???

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
wannes

Fieldnames ???

Post by wannes »

My Bookpedia is automatically translated into Dutch, wich is fine.
But in order to create/modify HTML-templates for export, I need to use the original fieldnames, not the translated ones. Where can I find these original names?

Example: in a standard HTML-template I see this:
<!--IFauthor <span class="text">[translate:author]:</span> [key:author] <br>ENDauthor-->

The field that is called "auteur" in my Bookpedia is in fact named "author" , and that seems the keyword to use. OK, that's obvious.

But what is the original name of the field "verzamelingsnummer" ? Or "beoordeling"? Or "leeftijdscategorie" ?
This line does nothing:
<!--IFverzamelingsnummer <span class="text">[translate:verzamelingsnummer]:</span> [key:verzamelingsnummer] <br>ENDverzamelingsnummer-->
I suppose I have to use the original name of the field, but I have no idea what it is and this is true for all database fields.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Fieldnames ???

Post by FineWine »

Welcome to Bruji the land of the "Pedia's" and these forums. I may be able to help you with some aspects of your problems. Though Bruji's Top Dog Conor who is the developer and the one and only programmer of these set of excellent cataloguing programmes, will also offer you answers as well.
  • 1 - Fire up Finder and locate the Bookpedia.app in the Applications folder - Right click select Show Package Contents > Contents > Resources > nl.lproj > RealTitles.strings
    2 - Open up this file in the TextEdit App and you will see all the field translations; English to Dutch
    3 - If you want the quick way to find the English translation of the Dutch word then; Menu Bar > Edit > Find and that will bring up a search box for you
Hope this is of some assistance for you :D
wannes

Re: Fieldnames ???

Post by wannes »

HA! Why did I not think of that? Thank you, I found what I was searching for.