Before I plunge in...

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.

Before I plunge in...

Postby joerg23at » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:49 am

Before I plunge in and commit to ...pedia, I have a few quick questions:

1. The iOS App doesn't find any books at all. The Mac app finds it - even if a German book, e.g., but the iOS always comes back with "not found" result. What am I doing wrong?

2. Is there a way to link an item in the CD collection to Apple Music? (or is this a feature that's on the roadmap?)

3. Can I use the CDpedia also for vinyl?

thx
joerg
joerg23at
Inductee
Inductee

Re: Before I plunge in...

Postby Conor » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:17 pm

Thank you for your interest in the Pedias.

1. We use a different set of search plugins on the desktop app. If you look in Sites -> Preferences -> Sites, you will see the full list, while Pocketpedia only has access to Doghouse. I hope to improve Doghouse in the future for non-english titles as it's weak in that area, also maybe add more searches into the iOS app, but Apple is more closed with that can be included on iOS and hence the desktop version are more flexible.

2. Interesting idea to explore for the future. I myself recently made the switch from the files on my computer to Apple Music. CDpedia right now only integrates directly with iTunes and list that for which you have iTunes files. It might actually list Apple Music collections if you have those, but have not tested that; as it should be part of the iTunes data that it provides to CDpedia.

3. Yes, Discogs search site is a favorite with our vinyl collectors and why it came to be in CDpedia.
Conor
Top Dog

Return to Support