No Cover art for DVDPedia.

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
kicks92

No Cover art for DVDPedia.

Post by kicks92 »

The covers have disappeared. The Cover file exists in my dvdpedia folder and the covers are there but is not syncing within the software. Highlight any movie in the program, double click and no cover art shows in the window. I'm not sure exactly when it disappeared, but I am guessing it was around the latest update. Or maybe it has something
to do with Catalina. All covers lost on pocketpedia.

How can I get The covers to sync up with the movies?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: No Cover art for DVDPedia.

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the bug report against Catalina.

Sounds like a permissions issue with Catalina. DVDpedia is unable to read the cover file from disk. Do you keep your data folder for DVDpedia in the default location? You can try visiting "System Settings -> Security -> Full Disk Access" and click the plus button and add DVDpedia to the allowed apps. Should not be necessary, but with the new file format and changes in Catalina I had a lot of issues.

Could you have a look at your console log, see if there are any messages from DVDpedia? You can access the console log via the application 'Console', located inside your Applications/Utilities. The newer messages are towards the end of the log. If we are lucky Catalina is reporting the reason when DVDpedia tries to access the files.

Once we get DVDpedia to be able to read the cover files on the disc again, you can hold down the option key when syncing to Pocketpedia and it will send all the covers again.
kicks92

Re: No Cover art for DVDPedia.

Post by kicks92 »

I got it figured out. I got everything from a backup. Thanks.