DVDpedia marks movie as series

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
udo
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

DVDpedia marks movie as series

Post by udo »

While looking at the statistics view I noticed that some movies in my database are classified as series although they're clearly not. I wanted to correct this, but couldn't find any place to change it. I can see it in the detail view but neither in “Info” nor “Extras”.
Where is this information stored? And where did it come from? IMDB?
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: DVDpedia marks movie as series

Post by FineWine »

1 - Find the offending movies and highlight each one in turn whilst holding the cmd⌘ key
2 - Now all these movies should be highlighted as a group in blue
3 - Click on the Edit button in the Toolbar or Movie > Edit in the Menubar. This will bring up the Edit Multiple Entries panel
4 - Find the Series field > Click in the Tick box ✓ > ensure the cursor is flashing in the Field > press the Delete key even though the field will probably show empty, still press the Delete key > then press OK
5 - This should clear the Series field for those Movies

This data is part of your DVDpedia data base.

It may have been populated, in this case incorrectly, by one of your activated search plug-ins. To check which search site is providing incorrect data just try searching by selecting one of the offending movies and then try re-searching but this time select each search site one at a time.

If you find which site is providing incorrect data there should be away to provide feed back by going to that site via your browser.

PS: In researching your problem I found 4 of my movies had Series Field entries. All of these movies were downloaded movies from a reputable site.

Please lets us all know how you got on.

Stay safe in these troubling times.
udo
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by udo »

Thanks for the reply. I think I should have been more specific. Those movies are each marked as their own series with one episode each. So I have 9 movies listed as series (shows, not seasons) “1” above each column (which stands for number of seasons or episodes?).
They are not grouped in a series/show.
Nonetheless I tried what you described and still couldn't find a “Serie/series” entry.

P.S.: Oh, and about the search plugins: I add movies by searching for the IMDB-ID, like e.g. “tt6474220” (one of the culprits). I was under the impression that in that case I only get info from IMDB? I already looked on the movies’ IMDB pages and couldn't find anything about them being part of any series.

P.P.S.: 8 of the 9 are TV-movies/Streaming site productions or documentaries, not classical movie theatre fare. Maybe that has something to do with it.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

For the Series Statistics to show in the Statistics window the Series field must be populated, otherwise it would not show.

1 - Preferences > Fields > Series (ensure there is a tick in that box)
2 - Whilst in the Edit panel, bottom left Show All or Hide Empty, reverse that setting by clicking on it.
3 - Whilst in the Edit panel look for the Series field

1 - Ensure that in the Main view window the Series column is showing: Menubar > View > Columns > Series (is ticked)
2 - In the Statics window > Series - click on the name of the movie below each bar
3 - this will now display that movie in the Main View window
4 - Is the Series field populated ? If so edit that field
udo
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by udo »

FineWine wrote: 1 - Preferences > Fields > Series (ensure there is a tick in that box)
That makes sense! :lol:

Thank you!