Import from IMDb seems not to work correctly any more

Any trouble you encounter with the Pedias, here's the place to ask for help.
Black Smurf
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Import from IMDb seems not to work correctly any more

Post by Black Smurf »

When I add a new movie to my collection, I just drag&drop the IMDb-url of the movie's entry to Dvdpedia, and a new entry poped up with all the data for the movie in it. The last two movies I added (yesterday "The Duellists", today "Bad Times at The El Royale") just showed director, genre and user rating. No cast, no cover etc.
A week ago (when I last added a movie before) everything worked fine.

I'm using Dvdpedia 6.1.0 for a long time now with no change/update. So maybe the interface might have changed on IMDb side? Or could this be some other problem?
Last edited by Black Smurf on Mon May 31, 2021 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FineWine
Site Admin

Re: Import from IMDb seems not to work correctly any more

Post by FineWine »

My drag and drop is still working with version 6.1.0 Beta 190

Just double check your IMDb Site Preferences are as you want them: Preferences > Sites > IMDb now click on the gear wheel drop down menu to refine the details you want.
Black Smurf
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Black Smurf »

In the preferences all fields I want (e.g. actors) are still checked. I tried using "add" + the name search to add a movie, but with the same result. Something else must have gotten tangled up.
I'm not using a beta version, but the latest official release. Might updating to a newer beta version help?
JRBTempe
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by JRBTempe »

Black Smurf wrote:When I add a new movie to my collection, I just drag&drop the IMDb-url of the movie's entry to Dvdpedia, and a new entry poped up with all the data for the movie in it. The last two movies I added (yesterday "The Duellists", today "Bad Times at The El Royale") just showed director, genre and user rating. No cast, no cover etc.
A week ago (when I last added a movie before) everything worked fine.

I'm using Dvdpedia 6.1.0 for a long time now with no change/update. So maybe the interface might have changed on IMDb side? Or could this be some another problem?
I don't use drag and drop, but otherwise having the same issue... no more poster art from IMDb and most of the credits are missing too. Looks like something has definitely changed somewhere...
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

Please try the beta they are all just as stable as the gold release versions: https://bruji.com/beta/
Black Smurf
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Black Smurf »

The beta from the link (190) doesn't change things for me - still just rudimentary data from the IMDb.
RJson

Post by RJson »

I experience the exact same thing in 6.1.0 (both "normal version" and beta 190) on macOS 10.15.7. Stuff like cover art, theatrical, summary, country and studio are no longer fetched. Only title, genre, imdb-rating, director, producer, writer, starring, duration and credits are fetched.
FineWine
Site Admin

Post by FineWine »

This is weird as I am getting all the default fields plus the additional field of composer.
lankysam
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by lankysam »

I am having the same problem as Black Smurf: attempting to add new movies to DVDpedia brings up a match page with minimal data. Specifically, the only fields I see populated are: Director, Genre, Duration, Theatrical, and Rating. There is no cover art. I have confirmed this with several movies. Worse, when I attempt to add the movie, I crash or get a "can't save" dialog ("The database in memory is not in a valid state and will be reloaded from the hard disk."). I am using version 6.1.0 Beta 190.

Thank you.
demiadirac
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by demiadirac »

Same trouble here. IMDB import doesn't work for me any more.
johnhamill7
Inductee
Inductee

Post by johnhamill7 »

I can confirm this.

*** IMDb reports at the top of its movie page (in a yellow highlighted strip), "Welcome to the new version of this page". ***

I have tested this on the latest version of DVDpedia and on an earlier version (5.7.0), and can confirm what other forum postings have stated.
riconster
Contributor
Contributor

Post by riconster »

One week since the report of the most important failure that the application has was given and so far it has not been resolved.

How much longer will it take to resolve?

Thanks.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for all the information and the details, including searches and what the IMDb page looks like on your end.

I also get the yellow header announcing the new page design. But I think the page is in a state of flux as the new design rolls out as I am not able to break it consistently.

I have made some clean up changes, don't think they will have much affect but do give it a spin if you are already on the beta, as it will self update beta 200. I hope to get to the bottom of it soon and release an official update.
lankysam
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by lankysam »

Thanks Conor. As you know, most of the subsections on the imdb site (e.g., cast) are on a separate URL (e.g., https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096895/fu ... cl_sm#cast ). Most of these do not appear to have changed but I haven't tested my own scripts to see if they are broken. Good luck.
lankysam
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by lankysam »

I just tried creating a new movie record. No luck.

Thanks.