separate forum for usage hints

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
margit
Contributor
Contributor

separate forum for usage hints

Post by margit »

The current forums are mostly for feature requests and bug reports. I would be interested in seeing a forum where users share how they use the pedias in unique ways, and perhaps help each other rather than Nora or Conor having to answer all queries. That way they can spend their time implementing feature requests, and queries not specific to the product usage can be included in the discussion.

For instance, I would like to know how other users mark books, DVDs and CDs that have been entered into the pedias. If a collection is relatively small, it is not a problem, but for a collection of thousands, especially when still growing, it can waste time determining if a product has been entered. A secondary issue is how to mark a book without hurting its resale value.

The above is neither a feature request, nor a bug. It is more particular than General, and I doubt that it is Technical. And, I would like some suggestions.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Your wish is our command - voila, PediaTalk. I've added a forum to the General part, called PediaTalk, where users can share tips about using the programs, ask questions about existing features and find out how they can get even more out of the programs.

Thanks for the idea! :)

Nora

ps: I hope you don't mind that I moved your post to be the first in PediaTalk since it does have to do with the topic...