DVDpedia and "episodes'

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
KMJvet
Contributor
Contributor

DVDpedia and "episodes'

Post by KMJvet »

Hi. I need some help from an experienced user on how to deal with homemade DVDs with episodes. I have a lot of DVDs I burned myself with TV specials or mulitple episodes of a given program. I need to be able to track which episodes are on which are on which disc. If any experienced user has this sort of material in their collection, I'd appreciate help with how you keep track of homemades and episodes. Perhaps the oft requested Box Set feature is part of the solution, but i don't think so entirely. And custom fields doesn't seem to be either, not enough of them, and I want to keep info on guest stars, director, etc for individual episodes.

thanks in advance for suggestions
Meng
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: DVDpedia and "episodes'

Post by Meng »

This method works for me:

I list all the info I need (episode titles, actors etc.) in the Summary field. Having Summary as one of the columns in the Table View I can then use the Search function to find something specific, using quote marks if necessary.

There are plenty of websites out there - tv.com and epguides.com among them - who list this sort of info; just be aware of their Terms Of Use.
KMJvet
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks

Post by KMJvet »

I'll try that out.