Modify Remote Buddy to Play DVDs from the Full Screen

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Inductee
Inductee

Modify Remote Buddy to Play DVDs from the Full Screen

Post by 209 »

It is possible, in Remote Buddy to modify one of the key-presses to play the dvd from the Full Screen.

From the Remote menu, select Preferences. Click the Mapping button. In the Behavior list, select DVDpedia.

In the list on the right are all the button or key-press options. I chose Play/Pause (held). By default this brings up Information, but since I use DVDpedia to manage and play my dvd collection on the external hard drive, I do not really need this function. If you like the Left (held) and Right (held) buttons are unassigned.

Now at the end of the entry you will see a list select, click on the up and down facing arrows and select Customize Actions.

In the new pane, give the new action a name, I chose Play DVD. In the Actors to run within Action section. Click on the Plus Sign drop-down and select, Keystroke. In the keystroke field below, type the letter P and check the second box which represents the Option key. (Option-P is the keystroke to play dvds in the Full Screen Mode)

Leave the rest of the settings as they are and click Use. This will assign the Play DVD action to the Play/Pause (held) key-press.

Remember this is how the Play/Pause (held) key-press will behave everywhere in DVDpedia, and only DVDpedia.

If you are at the main window in DVDpedia, press and release the Play/Pause button to enter Full Screen, use the Left and Right key-presses to move to the cover art for the movie you want to play and then press and hold the Play/Pause button for a short time and release. The DVD should start playing.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for taking the time to write this how to, it will be useful to other Remote Buddy users.