Combining two copies of Bookpedia

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Maeve
Inductee
Inductee

Combining two copies of Bookpedia

Post by Maeve »

I have one Bookpedia on my laptop and another on my desk top. I want to combine them.

I've read the instructions in the Help, but i don't really understand what to do.

I copied my newest Bookpedia onto an external hard drive and tried to drag it onto the desktop computer, but it tells me I must upgrade. (it is already the newest version.) I'm afraid if i click the Upgrade button, i'll lose all the entries in one of the applications.

A secondary twist is that when I look in LIBRARY in the desktop bookpedia, it looks empty. All the collections are there and the entries show when I click on the collection, but the book titles do not appear in the LIBRARY. However, if I click on one of the empty lines, the cover art comes up!

If anyone understands what I'm saying, please help me.
Thanks,
Maeve
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

A secondary twist is that when I look in LIBRARY in the desktop bookpedia, it looks empty. All the collections are there and the entries show when I click on the collection, but the book titles do not appear in the LIBRARY. However, if I click on one of the empty lines, the cover art comes up!
This one seems to be that you have no columns shown. Go to the edit menu and choose view options and check the title column.

To combine the libraries export the library from one Bookpedia to a .bookpedia format and then copy that file over to the other computer and double click it. Bookpedia will import it as an excluded collection, select all the entries and drag them to your Library.

Once you are happy with the merge and you would like to make an exact copy of this library back to the other computer, copy the folder in your home folder (~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia) to the same location on the other computer while Bookpedia is not running.

This folder also contains all your data, since you might be using different version of Bookpedia on each computer and just as a precaution before the merge make a copy of this folder for both computers to backup your data as it is now.

It's also a good idea to make sure you are running the neweset version of Bookpedia on both computers before getting started.