LaserChamp Bluetooth Scanner: How to Batch-Upload

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
BigTuna
Inductee
Inductee

LaserChamp Bluetooth Scanner: How to Batch-Upload

Post by BigTuna »

I have just fired up my new LaserChamp Bluetooth scanner. I've successfully used it to scan and enter some DVDs, CDs, and books one at a time in the pedias' "Add DVD" (or CD or book) mode.

However, after I load up the scanner with a couple dozen barcodes (with the Bluetooth link deactivated), I can't uplink the batch of codes.

I turn on the Bluetooh link in SerialMagic, turn on the scanner, select "Add Multiple DVDs," and then highlight the list box in the window that appears. Here's where I'm stuck and can't get the batch of barcodes to transfer. I do hear a series of "mistake" tones from the Mac, which I presume mean the Mac received each barcode over the Bluetooth link but didn't know what to do with them.

Can anybody step me through uploading a batch of barcodes?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Try passing them through TextEdit. If you can create a text list of the codes separated by new lines, you will be able to copy paste that into the add multiple books field even though it's only one line high. I am not sure how SerialMagic works, so I can't tell you how it's trying to pass the information for a batch of scans. Maybe another SerialMagic users knows?