To Conor

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
DreamStatic
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

To Conor

Post by DreamStatic »

Hello Conor,

Since I love DVDpedia so much I was surfing google to make sure I wasn't missing any tips or tricks, and I came across an older article over on Maczealots. In this article you mention something new you are working that has nothing to do with the pedias. Is this still accurate or have we consumed your every waking minute with all of our questions and features tweaks and requests?

Here is the quote I am referring:
MacZealots: What's next for DVDPedia, or other projects you are working on?

Conor Dearden: The Pedia core grows and becomes better with everyday. It will soon to be extended into other pedias. CDpedia is in the works and Gamepedia, an upcoming project, will integrate with a dedicated server for sharing information and building a community. A new feature, once tested, will make its way back through the pedias to DVDpedia. For something completely different there is a secret upcoming project in the works, that has nothing to do with the pedias.
Just always looking for something new from Bruji. As your level of detail with your apps is awesome! Thanks for allowing me to pry, hehe. :)

~DreamStatic
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

We do have a very rough version of the program we would like to build. But the demand and interest in the Pedias have placed it on the shelf for now. It's a very complex and broad idea, and even though it's a lot like the current Pedias it would be used slightly differently by each person so it would need a lot of polish to be done right. For that reason we haven't yet decided to retake the project in earnest. The good news is with all the work we have been doing on the Pedias we are getting smarter and with each OS X release Apple provides some great technology to make it easier and easier to develop great Mac applications.

We get nervous when new software is launched, thinking someone beat us to our idea. But so far we are in the clear. Hopefully we'll be able to get it to you before someone else. :)
DreamStatic
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by DreamStatic »

I figured we kept you "fairly" ;) busy!

Well here is to hoping no one beats you to the punch on the new software.

Thanks for sharing Conor.

~DreamStatic