DVDPedia Links to Video_TS Folders

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
powertowerpro

DVDPedia Links to Video_TS Folders

Post by powertowerpro »

Before I buy this wonderful app I got a quick question. I am starting a media server at home and would like to use this app to browse and launch DVD content using the links feature. My one concern is that when it is time to upgrade my storage from 1TB to 2TB, will I have to go through all my links and change them manually? I probably will not be adding another drive, instead I will be replacing the smaller drive with a larger one. I would hate to have to re-do all my links, instead it would be great to just point DVDPedia to a different folder. Any ideas on how to go about this?

Thanks,
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank for the feedback, we will put it on our feature list that a find and replace would be useful to have. If you change the drive and the new drive does not have the same folder path and name as the old drive, you could update all the links by modifying the database XML file in a text editor while DVDpedia is not running. Changing /MyOld/MoviesFolder to /Mynew/MoviesFolder.

Another option is placing all the files inside the DVDpedia Downloads folder located inside the data folder as DVDpedia will keep these links relative to it's database. You can copy your data folder to a new location on the external hard drive and then launch DVDpedia while holding down option to choose the new location for the database (means you would have to have the hard drive mounted to use DVDpedia, but since you want to use it as a media server I would assume DVDpedia would be of little use without the hard drive with the movies on it).
powertowerpro

Post by powertowerpro »

Conor wrote:Thank for the feedback, we will put it on our feature list that a find and replace would be useful to have. If you change the drive and the new drive does not have the same folder path and name as the old drive, you could update all the links by modifying the database XML file in a text editor while DVDpedia is not running. Changing /MyOld/MoviesFolder to /Mynew/MoviesFolder.
Option 1 is the perfect solution to my problem. Thank you so much for the quick response.