Location in Full View?

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
jml
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Location in Full View?

Post by jml »

Hi. I am new to this forum, so apologies if this question has already been covered.

I will shortly be cataloguing approx 2000 books, which will then be packed and put into storage, maybe for a long time .... I need to include the location, ie box number. There is a slot for Location on the Advanced Info screen, but I would rather see it as a column in Full View. Is this possible?

I downloaded the trial version of Bookpedia to compare with a couple of other apps. I have ruled out some already - it seems to be between Bookpedia and Collectorz now and this feature could decide it for me.

Thanks.

jml
jml
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by jml »

Okay, I found it - in the Edit menu, under Columns, select Location .... perfect!

Sorry, I should have looked harder for this before posting my question. I am trying to make a decision quickly, but I guess I'll have to take a little more time over it.

jml
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi Jim,

Glad you were able to find how to add the column to the table view. You can also do it by right clicking the headers to add and remove columns quickly. I would have given you the wrong answer as I would have thought you were talking about the full screen view that Bookpedia has; which is not great for organizing (that is what the regular view is for) but great for showing off your collection.
jml
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by jml »

Oh, table view .... that's what I meant to say .... still learning the jargon! Thanks for your reply anyway.

I've been playing with the demo and I'm feeling a lot more comfortable with it now. I'm 99% sure this is the one to go with. I may need to post some more stupid questions first though. :wink:

BTW my name isn't Jim, not even close!

jml