multiple use license?

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
hswt86
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

multiple use license?

Post by hswt86 »

I just got a MacBook to go along with my desktop G5. I would like to have Bookpedia and DVDpedia on both my computers. Is there a multiple use license available or do I have to purchase two seperate copies of the programs?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The regular license is a multiple use license as long as the user is you or an immediate family member (lives with you) feel free to install it on all the computers you would like. Thank you for asking.
hswt86
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

re: license

Post by hswt86 »

Thanks, I just figured that out today. I misunderstood the message that came up when I entered my serial #. I thought it meant I was going to have to purchase a new license but I realized this morning that wasn't xxactly what it said. So I tried it when I was connected to the internet and it autherized perfectly. I now have both DVD and Book pedias on both my computers and I'm a happy camper!
Thanks.
jeremymc7
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jeremymc7 »

In my case though I actually manage the computers for my immediate family who doesn't all live in the same house. So in my case I could use a multi-user license since I would be in managing all the installs but many would be in different locations.

Licenses:
1 Location - Multiple Installs; Personal Use
3 Locations - Multiple Installs; Personal Use
1 Location - Single Install; Commerical USe
3 Locations - Three Installs; Commerical Use

Just a thought.
Kai
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kai »

For some reason this does not work for me. I registered DVDpedia on 2 of my computers, and on the third one I get the error message

"Diese Seriennummer hat ihr Aktivationslimit erreicht."

(This serial # has reached its limit of activations). My IP number at home chages from time to time, maybe this is causing problems? What do I do now?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Send us an email or private post with your serial number and will look into it.
fr4ntic
Inductee
Inductee

Re: multiple use license?

Post by fr4ntic »

Hi

just want to check if I understood everything correctly!! If I would buy just 1 License for DVDPedia I can use it on my MacBook and my iMac. I do not need to buy a 2nd License for this?

Additionally I didn´t get the thing with the Family license! My brother is not living in the same location as I live. So we would have
1st Location - 2 Installs (iMac, MacBook)
2nd Location - 1 Intsall (iMac)

Is ithis possible with just 1 License?

Thx 4 answer in adavance ;-)
fr4ntic
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Yes, you can use the same serial number for your MacBook and your iMac, you only have to buy it once. But the licenses are limited to members of the same household. So your brother would need to buy his own serial number.
brighteyes86
Contributor
Contributor

Post by brighteyes86 »

I also want to make sure we only need to purchase one copy or at least make sure we have the appropriate license. My husband and I each have our own macs, plus we each have our own libraries. I have books that I don't want catalogued with his, and he's got DVDs that I know he wants kept separate. I also travel quite a bit. Is this a problem? Buying two copies would obviously be the easier answer, but we're poor and cheap. Bruji seems like the best all-around buy, but I wanna make sure we're getting something we can both use.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi Bright Eyes,

The license covers your husband and you as you live in the same household and are family members, even though you might add different content into the programs. Hope you both enjoy the programs.
d9pouces
Captain
Captain

Re:

Post by d9pouces »

Conor wrote:The regular license is a multiple use license as long as the user is you or an immediate family member (lives with you) feel free to install it on all the computers you would like. Thank you for asking.
Thank you for allowing it ! :)