Movie Summary in full screen mode?

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
dustyny@hotmail.com

Movie Summary in full screen mode?

Post by dustyny@hotmail.com »

Please forgive me if this has been asked a bajillion times. I searched on the forum but didn't find any results ("Full screen" and Summary"). I'm extremely new to the program and I'm just trying to figure out if it meets my needs/wants before buying.

So my question is (you can ignore the rest if you choose)
Can I show the summary of the movie in full screen mode.. Seems silly that you can bring up all the movie info (Title, staring, rating) except the summary. Am I missing something here?

Not really related I guess, just a small explanation of my objective:
Having finally purchased a Mac Mini for my living room I was hoping I could use my previous dvd catalog (Delicious Library) to create a media center where I could launch my divx movies from but apparently they don't support that (unless I missed something). This is what brought me to DVDPedia.

I'm very impressed with DVDPedia so far and I think I'll buy it after I test it a little longer but the missing movie summary in full screen mode is kind of a big deal to me. Hopefully this is something that can done..

Well thats it for now I guess. Thanks for you time and any answers, tips, advice that you might give.. =D

-dusty
dustyny@hotmail.com

50+ views and not a single reply. Anyone? Anything? Or should I just keep looking for another product?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

We want to do that in a future release. We are still working on displaying information in several lines, in a way that is nice when the summary is so large that it does not fit of the screen.
dustyny@hotmail.com

Ah thanks for the reply. At least now I know it's not available (and I'm not crazy).

I'm sure you guys have some great ideas on how to solve this.. I'd be very happy with just a scroll box like you see on flash based websites.. Where the text that scrolls up just fades out while the text coming in on the bottom fades in as it scrolls up.. Simple and looks great..

Well I wouldn't say the lack of summary is a deal killer but it would surely make the product a slam dunk for my purposes..

Well thanks.. =D
JoshFink
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by JoshFink »

I was just about to post this as well. This is huge for me as I have a ton of movies and most of the time my wife has no clue what they are. Occasionally she reads though descriptions and is pleased to find something she might like.

Thanks

Josh
JoshFink
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by JoshFink »

JoshFink wrote:I was just about to post this as well. This is huge for me as I have a ton of movies and most of the time my wife has no clue what they are. Occasionally she reads though descriptions and is pleased to find something she might like.

Thanks

Josh
Is there any time frame for this feature? Believe it or not, it's actually a huge feature for someone who doesn't know what every movie is.

Thanks

Josh
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

We don't have a set timeframe but it's definitely something we want to include soon.
jeremymc7
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jeremymc7 »

dustyny@hotmail.com wrote:
Well I wouldn't say the lack of summary is a deal killer but it would surely make the product a slam dunk for my purposes..

Well thanks.. =D

Agreed this one feature that alone would get several of my friends to switch over from their windows machines, which they're clinging to because they HAVE to have description no matter what.
lannp
Captain
Captain

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Post by lannp »

I updated my DVDPedia this morning to see that the summary (long, long awaited) has been done! Now the full screen has the movie summary! This is GREAT! I have so many movies some of which I have not watch and the summary really helps. Thank you! Thnak you! Thank you! Now I have a few more wishes and will post them on the features request side.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

You are welcome.
jeremymc7
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Post by jeremymc7 »

lannp wrote:I updated my DVDPedia this morning to see that the summary (long, long awaited) has been done! Now the full screen has the movie summary! This is GREAT! I have so many movies some of which I have not watch and the summary really helps. Thank you! Thnak you! Thank you! Now I have a few more wishes and will post them on the features request side.
This rocks, any chance you can send up some screen prints or a quick video. I need to know what this looks like before I get back from my trip!
jeremymc7
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jeremymc7 »

Can SOMEONE please send up some screen prints of what full screen looks like in the new version with the additional info now included.

Thanks !
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

The details are now customizable so it will look slightly different depending on the settings, but here is a screenshot.