Problem with Bookpedia since upgrade

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
jml
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Problem with Bookpedia since upgrade

Post by jml »

Hi.

I just upgraded Book/CD/DVD pedias and I'm having a problem with Bookpedia. I can't open my original database, only a brand new empty one .... and I can't add any titles to the new one either. But CD and DVD pedia are both fine!

I must be doing something wrong, but I can't see what .... :?

jml
danco
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by danco »

I have just added a book to my 4.0.2 database, so I guess either you are doing something wrong or there is a problem with your download.

i would suggest you try the following.

1. Make a backup of your database (in case my suggestion or something else corrupts the original).

2. Hold down Option while opening Bookpedia, and keep holding it until the dialog box appears. You should ultimately get a dialog box with options of Open default database, Create new database, and Choose database. I would see what happens if you try Choose database and just choose your original one.
jml
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by jml »

Thanks, danco. I tried this but couldn't find my original database .... I must have deleted it somehow. Luckily I only had about 200 books on it so far, I'm not planning to start on the serious catalogue for a couple of weeks, so it's not too much trouble to enter the lost titles again first.

Anyway I just downloaded the 4.0.3 upgrade and now I can add titles to my new database, but only individually, not with the multiple add feature. Has anyone else been able to add multiple titles okay?

jml
danco
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by danco »

The default location for the database is in ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia. You could look manually and see if it is still there.
jml
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by jml »

No, just the new one .... but thanks for the help!

jml
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Hi jml,

Do look on your computer for Database.pediadata or info.xml files as Bookpedia would not remove those files. In fact if the Database could not be read Bookpedia would let you know about it. Especially the new version is very strict about the Database format, to avoid any issues. It could be you have more than one Data folder. If you send us any files via email we be more than happy to look at them.