AmazonPedia and 4.x Upgrade

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Spad
Contributor
Contributor

AmazonPedia and 4.x Upgrade

Post by Spad »

AmazonPedia finds all my pre 4.0 -Pedia entries, but nothing entered since the 4.0 upgrade. Is an upgrade for AmazonPedia 1.4 likely in the near future? I hope so as this is a great tool and one that I use several times daily.

BTW, the upgrade is super, especially for those with large libraries. Thanks, Bruji!
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I forgot to update the version number in the widget, that might have kept it from installing the new version. Download the upcoming 4.0.4 version with the correct version number for the widget. Then quit the current widget from the dashboard, and then use the toggle widget command under the help menu in in the program to uninstall the widget and install it back in.
Spad
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Spad »

Hmmm, now things are even more weird. The version included with 4.0.4 fails to find any of my entries. Reinstalling version 1.4 allows me to find my pre-4.0 entries but nothing after.

Is there a way to force the new AmazonPedia version to detect the entire list?

Thanks for the fast response, Conor.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Try removing the widget by hand from the widgets folder in ~/Library. Another user solved the problem by doing this.

When you try to search in the widget are there any errors from the widget in your console log, if there are could you please email them to me. You can view the console log with the program of the same name in your Utilities folder, new entries are towards the bottom of the log.
Spad
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Spad »

I removed the widget by hand but nothing changed.

There are no associated entries in the console log.

I also booted in safe mode with no change.

I should add that my wife's MacBook has identical symptoms to my MacBook Pro (Santa Rosa). Both are running OS 10.4.10.

The only thing that might be slightly unusual in my case is that I have a fairly large book library (about 8,900 titles), but my CD and DVD libraries are only a fraction of that number. I doubt that's a problem since all worked well before the upgrade.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

The widget issue is fixed. You can download DVDpedia again right now or wait for the official update later today or tomorrow.
Spad
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Spad »

Nora wrote:The widget issue is fixed. You can download DVDpedia again right now or wait for the official update later today or tomorrow.
Thanks, Nora. I just did the 4.0.6 update and all is well again in Mudville. :P