Use of Calendar in Bookpedia

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
nanak
Contributor
Contributor

Post by nanak »

Is there a way to turn off the automatic calendar's that appears in a few places. When entering data and I arrive at the "Release" and I want to just enter a year, say 1888, since most of my books are very old. However, what happens is Bookpedia thinks I mean 1988 and automatically puts in the current date and "88", I don't want a current date, just the year 1888, but it doesn't like the 1800's and wants to make it 1988. But then when I am entering another set of books I wouldn't mind the calendar being there since they are current books and it would be great if there was a way to turn it off and on. I don't lend out my books but I can see it would be great to have if that were the case.

I am a new user so be kind, it might be obvious and I am just missing it.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

The calendars can't be deleted unfortunately. But you can choose the date format setting in the Preferences/General. In your case, since you want to see just the year, enter %Y into the field. (If you click on the little question mark button next to the date format fields you can see all the other options available.)
nanak
Contributor
Contributor

Post by nanak »

Thank you so much, everyting is working fine now.