DVDPedia : Interface Questions / Future Roadmap

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
JoshFink
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

DVDPedia : Interface Questions / Future Roadmap

Post by JoshFink »

As you can probably tell by my recent posts that I've just found this program and I'm very enamored by it.

Just a couple of questions regarding the interface. If any of this is already implemented and I've missed it (not that unlikely), please let me know.

1. Is the only view from Full Screen the "Cover Art view" where you scroll left and right?

2. Are there any plans to do a multiple rows view. Where you can view maybe 4 across and then scroll up and down? I find this much more viewable as you can see several movies at a time.

3. Are there any plans for different views? i.e. Recently Added, Highly rated, not viewed in a while? That kind of thing?

4. Do you publish any kind of future plans with the software? What features you're anticipating in future releases?

Thanks

Josh
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

1. The single row view and the details view for a single movie are the only view options at the moment.

2. We have request for a view in the Front Row old style as well as the new (AppleTV) one, with a text list and a single cover of the current selection. But we haven't started any work on that so we have no idea what will do yet.

3. If you press play on the remote (or enter on the keyboard) the controller shows and under the magnifying glass there is an option to filter the current view by several options such as movies with the same actors or same genre. We thought about adding filters such as the ones you mentioned but we didn't as you can achieve this by creating smart collections. You can access collections from the 3rd icon on the controller that is a symbol of the collections. This way it's not limited to the filters we add. Recently added would be date added is in the last 60 days; highly rated: my rating is grater than 3; not viewed in a while: last seen is after the last 356 days, etc. If you have a lot of collection you can create a folder in the collections to move the smart collections into for the full screen so that they are easily navigable from the menu in full screen.

4. We've been meaning to upgrade our quaint text list to a serious feature and bug system to keep track of it all for ourselves as well as to receive input from our users but we haven't found the adequate solution yet; although FogBugz is looking very nice.
JoshFink
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by JoshFink »

Thanks for the update. I appreciate it.

Josh