Suggestions for process flow from DVDProfiler -> DVDPedia

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
JoshFink
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Suggestions for process flow from DVDProfiler -> DVDPedia

Post by JoshFink »

I've used DVDProfiler for years and since I've switched to a Mac, DVDPedia has been great.

As everyone knows DVDProfiler has great data and that's one of the things I love.

What I would like is the ability to update DVDProfiler when I add a new DVD but then from within DVDPedia pull that new data into DVDPedia.

The only way I've been able to do it so far is very convoluted.

1) Create a new database in DVDProfiler (rename the original directory).
2) Add new Title
3) Export to XML
4) Import from XML into DVDPedia
5) Go back to original "Full" DB in DVDProfiler
6) Add title again that I added in step 2

Any suggestions? Easier way?

What would be great and would help out a lot is that when I export from DVDProfiler there is a compare done against the current database and it only imports new titles.

Is that possible?

Thanks

Josh
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

I am not a DVD Profiler user so I can't give you the exact details, but I do know some of our users export from DVD Profiler just a group of entries, sometimes just single XML files for each entry they want to import to DVDPedia and then drop them on DVDpedia. Create a smart collection in DVD Profiler of everything added after the last import. Then export that collection to import into DVDpedia and update the date on the smart collection. Could be I imagined this and I making up these features of DVD Profiler but it does sound like it should be able to do it.
JoshFink
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by JoshFink »

OK.. I did some checking.. This looks doable. I can export a filtered list or alternatively add them to Ordered, export them and then move them over to have.

Thanks

Josh