Exporting as text

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
kbrys

Exporting as text

Post by kbrys »

I want to write my own code for a web page for my DVD collection using php. I want to add searching and make a recently added page. I was looking at exporting my collection out as text (csv) but I can't seem to see any option that will get me the correct number so I can link the dvd cover jpeg image up with the correct title.

If I wanted to do this as a html export I see you have all the tags but I would really like to just parse through a csv file every time I update my collection.

Is it even possible to export that info out as text?

Thanks
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Because the internal id is not a column it can't be exported into the regular CSV export. But you can write your own text template that will include the cover image url as well. I have written a template for you, [url=bookpedia://www.bruji.com/download?temp/CSVWithImage.zip]click here to install[/url]. Afterwards you will find it in ~/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Templates/CSVWithImage.txt you will have to open it as it has "/Users/[you]/Library/Application Support/DVDpedia/Covers/[key:uid].jpg" and change [you] for your actual user name. If you don't want the path and just the name of the cover as you will be uploading it to a server remove the path (it's just there as an example). This has the added advantage that you can use the template on any collection without having to display all the columns you want to export. I have included all the DVDpedia fields, feel free to remove the ones you don't want from the template. Depending on your PHP setup you can also get the data in SQL insert statements if you would prefer.
kbrys

Post by kbrys »

Thanks for the template... but I can't get it to download. Safari says it can't open the specified address (because it starts with bookpedia://). If I remove that it takes me to the Extras page. Am I missing something?

Thanks
Kerry
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Maybe in Leopard the bookpedia:// links don't work anymore - we'll have to look into that. In the meantime, here is the regular link to download the template: http://www.bruji.com/temp/CSVWithImage.zip
kbrys

Post by kbrys »

Great! thanks for the help. Also, I got the link to work I just had to change the bookpedia:// to dvdpedia:// and it installed.

Thanks again and keep up the good work,

Kerry
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

:oops: Sorry about that - of course it's DVDpedia you're using...