Can't Seem to Download Book Cover Images

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
hornandsaxguy

Can't Seem to Download Book Cover Images

Post by hornandsaxguy »

When I right click on a cover image (in cover view) and select "Download Cover Art for Selection", I see a very quick progress bar complete. However, it doesn't actually download anything.

Ideas?

I'm kinda running out of brainstorms for how to grab high res book cover images from Amazon (or anyone else).

Thanks,

Ted
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

Which site do you have selected in the search window under the Search Site drop down menu? And if it's set to Cascade, what's the first site selected in your Preferences/Sites? (That's the site Bookpedia is using to download the cover information.)
Could you send us a bcard of the entry you're trying to add the cover image to so we can try to recreate the problem here. You can create a bcard by selecting the entry in your table or cover view and dragging it out to your desktop. Attach that file to an email and send it to us (you'll find our email on the supportpage).
hornandsaxguy

Post by hornandsaxguy »

Just to be clear, I'm trying to EXTRACT the cover image so that I can use it in my desktop publishing program (InDesign CS3). Is right clicking on the cover and selecting "Download Cover Art for Selection" what I'm supposed to be doing?
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

I'm sorry, I misunderstood your post. In this case just drag the image from the image well (lower left corner) onto your desktop.

('Download cover art for selection' downloads a cover image for the entry in Bookpedia.)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

You can also click the cover in the image well to open a window with the cover and use copy/paste.