Wish List or wanted

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Bruce
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Wish List or wanted

Post by Bruce »

Howdy. I collect books of several authors, many who write series. I am entering the books I want or do not have yet and placing them on the Wish List. I would prefer that the books also show on the main list just like the Borrowed ones do. Not a "big" thing just something I would prefer. Is there a way to do this ... perhaps with it's own icon ... like the very noticeable "X" for the borrowed books?

I could make a custom column and place a "wanted" in it I guess but I would prefer something a lot more like the borrowed feature. I didn't place this in th ewanted features because I'm hopefull that it is possible now and I just haven't found it :?

I like the pedias more and more as I learn them ... thanks.

bruce
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

You can include your wish list in the library by selecting it and then choosing 'Include collection in Library' from the File menu. Your wish list items in the library will be marked with a yellow star.
Bruce
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Bruce »

Nora wrote:You can include your wish list in the library by selecting it and then choosing 'Include collection in Library' from the File menu. Your wish list items in the library will be marked with a yellow star.
Nora ... Howdy, and thanks. I was sure hopping I had just missed something! Take care ... bruce
Diablours
Inductee
Inductee

Export items in the wish list

Post by Diablours »

HI, and thanks for these great apps (DVD, CD and Book).

:idea:

I'm an iPhone user and I wanna keep all my collections on internet so I can check wherever I am the ones I have and the ones I wish. So I'd like to put on the templates (export HTML) a little sign to indicate if I have it or wish it. How can I do that since I haven't found the right tag ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

We don't yet have a direct tag to display the wish list information or a graphic. There are two options the tag [key:collectionNames] will display the name of the collections an entry is in. So that would show "Library" or "Library, Wish List" so you be able to tell. Otherwise I would recommend two exports one of your library and one of your wish list. This way you could directly browse your wish list collection on your iPhone like you would on DVDpedia.