DVD Player question

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
spudz25

DVD Player question

Post by spudz25 »

I just downloaded the program today. It's fantastic and I'm looking forward to it being the front end to my home theatre Mac system.

I'm having a small problem that hopefully someone can solve for me.

I have my computer wired to my projector.

I'm launching movies through DVDpedia (Full Screen Mode) using the Apple Remote.

After stopping a movie, my Imac reverts to DVD player (not DVDpedia) on my screen as opposed to going back to Dvdpedia (which is still open, just in the background) in Full Screen mode. Because of this I can not use the Apple remote to scroll on DVD pedia. I have to get up, go to my Mac and click DVDpedia to get it out of the background so I can use the remote to scroll.

Any easy solutions for this?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Todd
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

We been hesitant to add any sort of pull back to DVDpedia after stopping a movie as not only is it very technically complicated it's doing things to other applications. What you want to do is use a program like Remote Buddy (currently discounted at MacSanta) Mira or SofaControl to map the stop button to not only stop the movie but make DVDpedia active as well. You can do this by explicitly telling the remote program what you want or by mapping the button to (space, command-tab); space stops the movie and command-tab takes you to the last active application.

Be sure to tell the program to disable itself while DVDpedia is active or map the keys to enter and the arrow keys.