Thank You Bruji, Dan Friml, and other BookPedia Users

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
wanderer
Contributor
Contributor

Thank You Bruji, Dan Friml, and other BookPedia Users

Post by wanderer »

Thanks doesn't even begin to cover it really - but with help from Conor, Nora, Dan Friml, and other Bookpedia users of this parish I have great pleasure in announcing our new website here on the Bruji forums.

My website is at http://www.pointmore.com and I would be very interested in any feedback either from the illustrious Bruji crew, or from my fellow BookPedia users. The website itself was initially a search-engine for delivering recognised (OCR'd) versions of out of copyright books from the OCR Farm that I operate, but now - thanks to BookPedia - I have just opened up a browsable version of my library of recognised public domain books.

The site is still officially in beta, which means it works most of the time I guess, but if you like reading old books I think you might enjoy it. You will have to enter an email address to actually view or download books from the library, but apart from that it is currently open to the public - with no adverts or other visible means of support.

I've never really done this sort of thing before, so I hope my posting this announcement here in the PediaTalk forum is the right place.

Thank You all for your help in making BookPedia what it is today.

Frank
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

It's a very nice site, I especially like the title. :) It's always exciting to see so many different uses of our program: printing presses, publishing houses, small libraries, and now an online catalog of public domain books. I am always impressed by collections out there in the tens of thousands.
Good luck with the site!
wanderer
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks

Post by wanderer »

<FX> Polishes merit badge :D

Ego Nanos Gigantium Humeris Insidentes

(I am as a child on the shoulders of giants)