Renaming Collections

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
corowakid
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Renaming Collections

Post by corowakid »

Hi,

Can anyone enlighten me as to how to rename Collections please? I had a Collection entitled Rear Room W1". On opening Bookpedia tonight I find that's been truncated to "Rear Room". I want to change it back to "Rear Room W1". When I highlight the current title and have the cursor at the end of the title, I type W1, and the result is that parts of the original title disappear. Are there length limits on Collection Titles? I can't find a command that allows renaming the Collection. I might add that the Location column shows Rear Room W1, as originally typed.

Obviously I can't delete the Collection and add another with the name "Rear Room W1" without losing the entries. I know the entries will remain in the Library, and I could sort them by Location, highlight those that are housed in Rear Room W1, and transfer them across but that seems a dislocated work-around.

I'd appreciate any comments/help on what I can do.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

There is probably not enough room in the source column to display the entire name. At the top of the collection list to the right of the source header is an area with small bars that you can click and drag to change the width of the source list (you can also use the separation between the source list and the table view to change the width).
corowakid
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Thanks

Post by corowakid »

Now why didn't I think of that! Simple as ABC, as a matter of fact I must have resized columns a thousand times or more, using Excal makes for good practice.

Appreciate your help - be assured my questions will be fewer the more I use Boopedia, which by the way is exactly what we were looking for to do our DB. Easy to use, well supported, and at a great price.