[DVDpedia] What do you enter on the "studio" field

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

[DVDpedia] What do you enter on the "studio" field

Post by Rigido »

I think that studio field is for the production studio but as I found a website that has both MOVIE production studio (i.e. Warner) and DVD production studio (i.e. Warner Home Video). What should I put on the field? :?:
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

IMDb presents the same 'problem'. We used to pick up the DVD release studio until a user asked us to change it to the actual production studio (listed as 'Company' on IMDb) since that makes more sense, especially for older movies. Ultimately it's up to you, since you're the one writing the plug-in. :)
Rigido
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Rigido »

Ciao Nora,
I just called a friend of mine that worked on a DVD store. He told me that there are three steps: the movie production studio, the movie distribution for cinemas (it could be different from country to country) and finally DVD distribution studio. He told me also that the best thing would be to have two fields to store movie production and DVD production studios but, if just one field is present, he agrees that it should be the movie production studio.