Need an Export Template with Asking Price

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
cogwodmoac
Contributor
Contributor

Need an Export Template with Asking Price

Post by cogwodmoac »

Greetings,
I am in need of a bookpedia export template that includes the 'Asking Price'. I've looked through all those that come standard and see price listed but not 'asking price'. I haven't a clue how to customize them... I tried by copy and pasting an existing one but lots of things are missing and I've really no clue what I'm doing.
Can someone help me?
--A.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Need an Export Template with Asking Price

Post by Nora »

If you tell me which template it is you'd like to use, I can include the 'Asking price' field for you.
cogwodmoac
Contributor
Contributor

Post by cogwodmoac »

Thank You for the offer! I think the 'Basic' template would be fine. If the font size can be changed, it would be great if the 'asking price' was larger than the rest of the text. I'm slipping these inside the books for an upcoming book sale. But if not, just adding it to the rest of the info, after the title would be great.
Thank You!

If there are any online guides to writing these I'd love the link. I looked around quickly and didn't find much for a beginner. But just the template change will be hugely helpful and timely.

Thanks!
A.
Nora
Site Admin

Post by Nora »

I emailed you a customized version of the Basic template along with some tips on how to do further changes if you want to do that. For anyone else interested in editing HTML templates, here's how:

Select the template in the export window as if you were to do an export and press the 'Edit' button at the bottom of the window. That'll create a copy of the template, append 'My' to the name to designate that it's a template you edited and save the copy in your Bookpedia templates folder.
Now you can open the template with any good text editor and start customizing it by changing or adding fields, etc. Once you're done, save the file and you'll see it appear in your Export drop down menu among the other templates.

Also take a look at the Pedia Help file under Exporting > Customizing templates for more information and/or this how-to page.