DVDPedia - Favourite Scenes

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
agtjones
Contributor
Contributor

DVDPedia - Favourite Scenes

Post by agtjones »

Hi,

Is it possible to get DVDpedia to provide an option to play your favourite scene from a movie from launch. i.e. If i wanted to show a friend my cinema system and wanted to go direct to the fighter jet scene in Behind Enermy Lines for example can this be done smoothly.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: DVDPedia - Favourite Scenes

Post by Conor »

DVD Player has the ability to set bookmarks. Unfortunately you can't create a file from the bookmark that you could link to DVDpedia, that way giving you the ability to go to set two links, one for your favorite scene and another link for the beginning. You could change the AppleScript that is used to launch the DVD to go smoothly to the default bookmark if there is one. that way all movies that have a default bookmark will start at that section. The Applescript is inside the program at DVDpedia.app/Contents/Frameworks/Pediabase.framework/Resources/DVDPlayer.applescript.

Code: Select all

Change:
go to main menu

For:
if has default bookmark then
	play bookmark 0
end if
In Leopard mousing at the top of the fullscreen will give you access to all your bookmark in a quick convenient way. So you can have DVDpedia start the disc at the beginning and then you can select any bookmark from the control that pops out (It's nifty because it includes the name of the bookmark as well as a screen capture of the movie at that moment). I don't think there are keyboard shortcuts for the bookmarks, that way making them easier to use with the remote control.
agtjones
Contributor
Contributor

Re: DVDPedia - Favourite Scenes

Post by agtjones »

Hi Conor,

Thanks for the reply, I shall give this a good over the next couple of days.

Andy