selling on amazon

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
chakradude
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

selling on amazon

Post by chakradude »

Hi I posted a while back asking about people with experience using bookpedia to sell books on an online cart.I did not get any feedback but connor. I can see more people are just using the sell on amazon button and I am leaning that way. I still need a way to show my local customers where I am selling my books.

I am just wondering, since:

Many of the web page templates that bookpedia can export alllow the web user to click on a book thumbnail and go to the amazon page where that book is listed. So, is it possible to set it up so when I sell a book on amazon (through the "sell on amazon" link in bookpedia) then my web site will have thumbnail links for books that go to MY selling page for that book.

Otherwise I am just inviting my customers to buy it from anyone on amazon, and though it may boost our economy as a whole, I am looking for a little more targeted gains on my part.;]

Am I making this more complicated than it needs to be? Does anyone really use bookpedia to sell books or is it just for collectors? Any help here would be appreciated!
Conor
Top Dog

Re: selling on amazon

Post by Conor »

Me again. :) I just wanted to mention that you can replace the [key:amazonLink] on the templates with a link that goes directly to your book for sale:

Code: Select all

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/[key:asin]/?&seller=[Your Merchant ID]
Replace [Your Merchant ID] with your own merchant code and Bookpedia will add the ASIN for the item on export. This an example of what the link would look like:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... NGFW0C4UJZ
chakradude
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Re: selling on amazon

Post by chakradude »

Thanks conor, It looks like that will do the trick. I guess its time to dig into the code! Thanks again.

Bob Maddox