Adding multiple dvd's to dvdpedia?

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
speters
Contributor
Contributor

Adding multiple dvd's to dvdpedia?

Post by speters »

I am new to dvd pedia and I am using 4.2.2. I have about 300 dvd's spanned across two computers, most are movies and maybe 50 are tv shows. Right now to add a dvd I have to click on the + signe, then type in a name of a dvd on one of my drives, then I have to link that to the actual dvd. This process could take me a few days. So is there a way that I could just select maybe 50 movies, get alll of the info and them link then all at one with the actual dvd's?
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Adding multiple dvd's to dvdpedia?

Post by Conor »

There is no automatic linking of a batch of movie files but it's on the feature request list. There is a multiple add feature, you need a list of movie names or UPCs. This might be possible if your files have descriptive names or if you have a list of movie titles aleady. Once the information is in DVDpedia you can link the movie by drag and drop to the info view, this speeds up the process.

To get a listing on movies in a folder you could use the terminal with a command similar to:

Code: Select all

find "path to a movies folder" -name \*.avi -prune
Then remove the prefixed path and extension in a text editor to end up with only the movie name that can be imported into DVDpedia.