iPhone backup slow after syncing PocketPedia

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: iPhone backup slow after syncing PocketPedia

Post by Conor »

Excellent news. I knew the bug had to be well taken care of if it was to be mentioned in the release notes for 2.1. The usual Apple release notes are only one line long "Bug fixes".
yore
Contributor
Contributor

Post by yore »

My last back up with 2.0 took 6,5 hours. I'm now on my first 2.1 back up and it's been around 3 hours and I'm about 60 % through. I will try again tomorrow and if it isn't a lot faster then I will regrettably have to lose PocketPedia. I'd love to keep it but I can't have 6 - 7 hours long back ups. Also the screen is lit all the time and I wonder how damaging is that ?
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Be sure to turn off "large covers" in Settings for Pocketpedia if you have a large collection as that also helps with backup times. If you are syncing a collection, swipe the collection to remove it completely including the covers (will take a little while) and then do new sync.
yore
Contributor
Contributor

Post by yore »

Thanks Conor :-)
My first test on syncing now only took about 2 minutes and that included the back up. Large covers was set to off. I'm happy :-) Hopefully the back up times will stay this way.
Revox

Post by Revox »

Also had problems with sync/backup time...but for now (after 2.1 update) everything just works fine! First backup was kind of slow but the second one just hit the road before me :-)
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Very happy that Apple was able to fix that bug for 2.1.