Upgrade to Leopard?

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
DRL
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Upgrade to Leopard?

Post by DRL »

I am an enthusiastic user of CDpedia, as I have indicate several times on this Forum.

I am thinking of an upgrade from Tiger Version 10.4.11 to Leopard; I use an Intel MacBook Pro.

Are there advantages for CDpedia users? I have read about Coverflow; is that much more than a pretty gimmick? What about other advantages?

Thanks for your help.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Upgrade to Leopard?

Post by Conor »

Cover flow is one of the more visible features. There are a lot of small and large speed improvements in Leopard that affect the pedias, mainly pertaining to Core Data (the database technology the Pedias use). One of the my favorite Leopard only features is QuickLook. Has the ability to access pedia information directly from the Finder without opening the pedias, see it in action.
DRL
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Upgrade to Leopard?

Post by DRL »

Thanks for that information, Conor. I've looked at the clip you referred me to, and to the others I found there, and I am convinced. I might not upgrade immediately, but I can now see that it's a worthwhile improvement. Thanks very much.