Can one exchange files with Delicious Library?

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Raul
Inductee
Inductee

Can one exchange files with Delicious Library?

Post by Raul »

I catalog my books with Bookpedia, while a friend of mine does his with Delicious Library. Is there a way to exchange files? For example, if he were to send me his catalog, could I convert it so it can be accessed as a collection in Bookpedia? ... and vice versa (me sending him one of my collections or my whole catalog and he being able to turn it into a file that can be manipulated in Delicious Library?)
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Can one exchange files with Delicious Library?

Post by Conor »

We both read each others files, so you will be able to exchange information. If your friend is using Delicious Library 2.0 he would use the export to 1.5 command under the file menu and send you the resulting folder, just drag the XML file in that folder over the Bookpedia icon to import it as a separate collection. In the other direction, send your friend your data folder in ~/Library/Application Support/Bookpedia, I don't think you can drag it over Delicious Library, but if he put it in the same location on his computer he can then use the "import from another program" command, also under the file menu.