Exporting to MobileMe

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
sleek881

Exporting to MobileMe

Post by sleek881 »

Is it possible to include the Collection Number when exporting DVD details to MobileMe? If it is possible it would be great.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Exporting to MobileMe

Post by Conor »

You can edit the template you are using to include the collection number. To do so press the edit button on the export sheet. This will create a copy of the template called MyTemplate.html open it up in a text editor and change any key to be "[key:collectionID]" without the quotes. You can also add the key instead of replacing one, but then you have to make sure it fits with the layout of the template (be careful if using TextEdit as it will load the HTML instead of showing you the source, you have to choose open from TextEdit and check the ignore rich text commands option). After that select your new template in HTML before exporting to MobileMe.
teacher24_70
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Exporting to MobileMe

Post by teacher24_70 »

I followed your directions and was able to include the collection ID--a feature that I wanted also.

The only question that I have is in the description that it copies the template and changes the title name to MyTemplate, etc. Mine doesn't seem to be changing the title to MyXXXX. It just seems to copy over the original.

Thank you for the tip on using TextEdit, though. That was where I was running into problems.