Can I post my dvd list to the internet?

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
whotony
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Can I post my dvd list to the internet?

Post by whotony »

I also use dvd profiler and can make a simple link to my list that i can send to friends so they can see my collection.

I haven't been able to figure out if I can do this with dvdpedia.
Is there an easy way to do this?
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Can I post my dvd list to the internet?

Post by Nora »

You can use the 'Export' function and choose one of the HTML templates to upload to your website or if you're a member of MobileMe, use that export option and directly export your DVDs to your MobileMe site; this will give you a link that you can give to your friends. Otherwise you need to have your own server where to upload the files. We do not offer a hosting server with users movies like Profiler does, we rely on MobileMe.
whotony
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by whotony »

I won't pay for mobile me and don't have my own server, so i guess the answer for my question is no.

oh well.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

There are a number of free web hosting sites out there.
whotony
Bruji Friend
Bruji Friend

Post by whotony »

I actually have a geocities account which now i think is a yahoo site.

so that could work.
I just use it to post some links i visit a lot.

http://geocities.com/anthonydewald/home

so, simplest way to get my collection onto that?

thanks for the help guys.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Use the export feature under the file menu, select HTML and choose a template. I would suggest the Silver or Basic (some of the other templates include larger images, and the total available space on Geocities might be limited for free accounts). Press the export button and upload the resulting folder to your Geocities account.

From your post on movies watched in 2008 I can assume that your movie collection is extensive. So do check on the resulting export folder size. If the description, in the export sheet, says, "Includes sharing RSS feed" then the images will be large. They will also be large if the template needs to display the image in a large format, say in a secondary details page such as the White template.