iPhone transfering

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
joshnorm
Contributor
Contributor

iPhone transfering

Post by joshnorm »

I have an issue and I hope that Gameapedia can help.

Well I was having an issue with my Mac and had to buy a new one. I have the Gameapedia and DvDpedia applications on my new computer. But I really don't want to have to transfer each one into the system again. I have the application synced on my iPhone.

So my question is can I transfer the data from the iPhone to the Mac? Or do I have to put each one in again.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: iPhone transfering

Post by Conor »

In DVDpedia hold down the option key and select Pocketpedia from under the help menu. You will get an alert that says: "Please press the sync button in Pocketpedia and select DVDpedia if prompted". Run the sync from your iPhone and this will create a backup file of Pocketpedia on your desktop called PocketpediaBackup.sql, email me that file and I can recover the information from there for you. You only need to do it for one program, as the PocketpediaBackup.sql file contains all the pocketpedia information. (Do a backup of your iPhone in iTunes – control click your device name in the source list – before starting in case you accidentally sync Pocketpedia to the new DVDpedia).