PocketPedia Links

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
DaveL

PocketPedia Links

Post by DaveL »

Thank you for developing such a great product, and continuing to improve it! I have been, however, flummoxed by a feature of PocketPedia (used with DVDPedia). Forgive this question if it's been asked before, but I wasn't able to find a solution in the forum archive.

Within PocketPedia on my iPod, certain DVDs (that are listed in my library) include a button to link to amazon.com and others include a link to amazon.co.uk. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to redirect these entries to amazon.com. I suspect that it is because the info that I added to the database when adding the DVD was found on the UK site. Is there a way to change this?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

Dave L.
Conor
Top Dog

Re: PocketPedia Links

Post by Conor »

It's as you suspect because the information came from the UK then the URL points to the UK. To change the URL remove it and then use the command Get More Info --> Amazon US to replace it with the US version. You can do this on a multiple selection, both remove the URL and get more info under the advance menu. To group the entries together that need changing for easy selecting display the URL field and sort by that field. http://www.amazon.co.uk will group themselves together.

The URL field is not displayed by default, to display it go into the program preferences and under the fields tab check the URL field.
DaveL

Re: PocketPedia Links

Post by DaveL »

Thank you Conor! You provided the missing link for me:
The URL field is not displayed by default, to display it go into the program preferences and under the fields tab check the URL field.
Now that this preference is turned on, I am golden. Thank you so much for such a prompt reply!
Dave L.