Items borrowed from others ?

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Topov81
Contributor
Contributor

Items borrowed from others ?

Post by Topov81 »

Hi,

Just wondered how other 'Pedia users deal with CDs, DVDs, Games & Books that they have borrowed from someone else ?

Obviously the Borrowed section is for your items that you've lent to others, but I'd like to somehow include things that I've got on loan from friends (and record who I borrowed them from and when I need to return them).

The 'Pedia apps don't seem to support this functiondirectly, has anyone got any little tips how it could be done ?... (ideally not a collection excluded from the main Library - I'd like the items to appear with the rest, just with a banner or something to indicate they are borrowed)

The best thought I had was a Custom field and a subsequent SMART Collection.
Nora
Site Admin

Re: Items borrowed from others ?

Post by Nora »

Personally I use the regular Borrowed By field but add 'From:' before the name of the person I borrowed the item from. That way the entry gets the borrowed banner over the cover and it becomes part of the borrowed collection to remind me of the status. You can still create a smart collection then with the criteria "Borrowed By starts with From:" so that you can keep those entries together.
Topov81
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Items borrowed from others ?

Post by Topov81 »

Thanks Nora I'll try that.