Calculating the # of VIDEO_TS links

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
Ted L. Nancy
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Calculating the # of VIDEO_TS links

Post by Ted L. Nancy »

In DVDpedia, is there a way to calculate the number of VIDEO_TS folders I have in my library? I love the movie count provided at the bottom of the main window, but it would be useful and interesting to me to be able to see exactly how many individual DVDs I have linked. Thanks
Conor
Top Dog

Re: Calculating the # of VIDEO_TS links

Post by Conor »

VIDEO_TS links should be named DVD, therefore you can create a smart collection with the rule "any link name is DVD". Then you would have a collection that self updates and the total count of Movies with VIDEO_TS links would be provided at the bottom when that collection is selected. It's also a great collection to browse when your looking to watch a movie as unlinked movies will not appear in that collection.
Ted L. Nancy
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Ted L. Nancy »

Conor wrote:VIDEO_TS links should be named DVD, therefore you can create a smart collection with the rule "any link name is DVD".
For the most part, this is the case, except for some movie with multiple links (those that came with multiple discs, for example, TV sets) I've changed the title of the links to differentiate between them.

Also, I wasn't clear. I'm not so much looking for a total count of my movies with links, but rather a total count of the links themselves.
Conor
Top Dog

Post by Conor »

Thank you for the suggestion. We have it on our to do list to extend the smart collection rule for links to include matches on other attributes other than it's name. In the preferences under the style tab you can turn the total disk count on. Make sure to update the discs field for multiple discs movies to have it reflect the number of discs you have linked, if only 3 out of 4 possible discs are linked.
Ted L. Nancy
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Post by Ted L. Nancy »

Conor wrote:.Make sure to update the discs field for multiple discs movies to have it reflect the number of discs you have linked
This is what I needed to know! Thanks!