Does the lack of a 2 way sync to iphone effect your use?

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
topcat

Does the lack of a 2 way sync to iphone effect your use?

Post by topcat »

Im interested in this because although I own pocketpedia, I dont use it, or have purchased any of the desktop applications. The reason for this is that I have been waiting for 2 way sync so that i can add my lists of movies that are in itunes on the desktop, and see that list on my iPhone, then add movies I want to my wish list on my iPhone.

Im starting to think I will not get a program that will do this for a long time as even the two leaders on the mac, yourselves and Delicious, both dont have this, but at least you actually have an iPhone app!

So what Im thinking, is working around the sync problem. I was thinking of just updating my collections on the mac, and using pocketpedia as a kind of reader, rather that editor, and just have a collection called wishlist on pocketpedia thats my only editable bit.

What do you think, how do you manage without full sync?
thajeztah
Addicted to Bruji
Addicted to Bruji

Re: Does the lack of a 2 way sync to iphone effect your use?

Post by thajeztah »

I keep my PocketPedia synced with my desktop application to check my whishlist and prevent me from buying
the same item twice (having a large collection of books and CDs, this happened to me occassionally). And,
although 2-way sync is still missing, it has been a great step forward from my previous situation where I printed
my whishlists every now and then to take them with me.

Having said that, having no 2-way sync -does- limit the use of PocketPedia. It means I have to remember to
remove items from my whishlist at home, after I have bought them. And also requires me to keep 'notes to self' of
items that I need to add to my whishlist.

If the missing 2-way sync is keeping you from buying the desktop-applications. Don't hesitate; the desktop applications
simply are excellent on their own. The apps are simple to use, very mac-like (not some java application with too-many options,
but an awkward GUI).

And, most important, imo even more important than the software itself, the developer is very responsive (just send an e-mail or
place a post on this forum and you'll have a response in no-time), and many requested modifications have been incorporated
in the applications on user request.

And now.... I continue my wait for that 2-way sync :D
eddyk
Inductee
Inductee

Re: Does the lack of a 2 way sync to iphone effect your use?

Post by eddyk »

I am also waiting for two way sync.
To have to manually delete an entry from pocketpedia and insert it manually in bookpedia is a method prone to errors.
I own both BookPedia and CDPedia, and it will be perfect with two way sync.