PocketPedia don't know how to snyc...

Talk to other Pedia users about the programs, share tricks and tips or ask questions about existing features.
SimGeh@gmx.de
Inductee
Inductee

PocketPedia don't know how to snyc...

Post by SimGeh@gmx.de »

Hey,

just got a little question concerning the sync funktion in pocketpedia! I already searched for it, but i couldn't find a solution for my problem.

Here is my problem:
I downloaded pocketpedia a couple of weeks ago and added all my dvds. a month later i had to reinstall my ipod completely and i lost all my data. i do know that it is possible to sync dvdpedia to your ipod but unfortunately you can't edit the dvds then. but that doesn't make any sense for me because i need to edit the entrys and add to whom i rent dvds. when i setup a pocketpedia on my ipod i can edit the entrys but it won't sync to my mac.

so it seems that i have two options,
setup dvdpedia and sync it to my ipod without an option to edit it on my pod or,
to setup pocketpedia on my ipod and edit it there, but without the option to sync it to my mac what would mean that when something goes wrong with my pod, the data is gone again...

is that right or did i miss something?

regards,
simgeh
Conor
Top Dog

Re: PocketPedia don't know how to snyc...

Post by Conor »

iTunes does a backup of your entire iPod including the Pocketpedia information when you sync with your computer. Your data should not go missing, but if it ever does use the restore from backup option in iTunes to get it back. But you are correct that on the iPhone only the Pocketpedia collection allows editing at the moment, we are working on implementing your feature request for an upcoming version.